- Name used by bankers to describe moneys owed to a business and yet to be received. Usually the amounts due from trade creditors who purchased goods or services on credit. Functionally equivalent to accounts or accounts receivable except that accounts is the only legally acceptable way to describe these assets for purposes of Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code. American Banker Glossary
* * *receivables re‧ceiv‧a‧bles [rɪˈsiːvəblz] noun [plural] ACCOUNTINGamounts of money due to be paid to a company; = ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE:
• The company recently collected more than £30 million in overdue foreign receivables.
* * *Any outstanding debts due to a company.
* * *receivables UK US /rɪˈsiːvəblz/ noun [plural] US► ACCOUNTING amounts owed by customers to a company at a particular time and not yet paid: »
The company improved the management of its receivables by getting customers to pay faster.»
Many small firms struggle with the problem of receivables that will never be paid back.
Financial and business terms. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
receivables — The word receivables has no legal definition, but is used to mean the amounts owed to a business by debtors. Practical Law Dictionary. Glossary of UK, US and international legal terms. www.practicallaw.com. 2010. receivables … Law dictionary
Receivables — An asset designation applicable to all debts, unsettled transactions or other monetary obligations owed to a company by its debtors or customers. Receivables are recorded by a company s accountants and reported on the balance sheet, and they… … Investment dictionary
receivables — Amounts of *money owed to an organization or individual. Trade receivables are referred to as *accounts receivable and nontrade receivables range from employee *advances to *taxation rebates. See also *debtor … Auditor's dictionary
receivables — noun plural Date: 1863 amounts of money receivable … New Collegiate Dictionary
receivables — noun All the debts etc. owed to a company by its debtors or customers … Wiktionary
receivables — Synonyms and related words: avails, box office, commissions, credit, credits, disposable income, dividend, dividends, earned income, earnings, gains, gate, gate receipts, get, gross, gross income, gross receipts, income, intake, make, net, net… … Moby Thesaurus
Receivables — (права требований) общий термин, относящийся к платежам в счет погашения процентов и основного долга по определенному активу; такие платежи осуществляются в пользу собственника актива, поэтому также говорят о «правах требования собственника… … Ипотека. Словарь терминов
receivables — re|ceiv|a|bles [rıˈsi:vəbəlz] n [plural] amounts of money that are owed to a company … Dictionary of contemporary English
receivables — rÉª ÉªËvÉ™bls n. bills and notes which are owed, incoming payments on accounts … English contemporary dictionary
receivables — amounts owed to a business, regarded as assets. → receivable … English new terms dictionary